The UK based company Digital Yacht will introduce a new range of Class B+ AIS transponders at METS 2018.
Class B+ is a new AIS standard. This is performance similar to Class A transponder but for non mandated users. This new standard is ideal for ocean sailors requiring the best possible performance and future proof satellite tracking applications, fast power boats and smaller non-mandated commercial vessels. It still inter-operates with existing Class A and Class B systems.
- It utilises SOTDMA format transmissions which offer a 5W power output (2.5x more powerful than a regular Class B)
- A guaranteed time slot for transmission in busy traffic areas
- Faster update rates depending upon the speed of the vessel
There are two models. The AIT2500 is priced at £575/€745 and the AIT5000 at £875/€1050, which has a patented ZeroLoss VHF-AIS antenna splitter allowing the main VHF antenna to be shared with VHF and AIS.
Both models incorporate:
- Full function transponder with NMEA 0183, NMEA 2000 and USB data outputs
- A wireless interface for connecting to iPads and tablets
- AIS SART alarm which is great for use with personal AIS MOB devices
- Compatible with the Digital Yacht iAIS app which is Navionics enabled too, allowing AIS targets to be overlaid onto the popular Navionics iPhone and iPad charting
For more information go to www.digitalyacht.co.uk or www.digitalyacht.eu.com