Marine electronics experts nationwide named 11 products in nine categories as winners of the 2014 NMEA Product Awards.
Once again, Furuno USA was named Manufacturer of the Year for Support.
The winners were announced at the National Marine Electronics Association (NMEA) International Marine Electronics Conference & Expo. Nearly 400 leading marine electronics manufacturers, dealers, and distributors, as well as media and others from the United States and abroad, attended the event.
Category winners are chosen by regional panels of NMEA members from around the country. These experts are hand picked by the NMEA Awards Committee for their extensive knowledge of marine electronics to create a level playing field for all product and manufacturer support nominations.
Here are the 2014 NMEA Product Award winners:
- Multi-Function Display – Furuno NavNet TZtouch TZT14
- Garmin GHP™ 20 and GHC™ 20 with SmartPump
- Raymarine Evolution System
- Fish Finder – Furuno FCV587 Color LCD
- Radar – Furuno NavNet TZ touch TZTBB with DRS6A UHD™
- Satellite Communications Antenna – KVH TracPhone® V3IP
- Marine VHF Radio – Icom IC-M506 Marine Transceiver
- Satellite TV Antenna – KVH TracVision TV1
- Computer-Based Software – Nobeltec TimeZero Catch
- Marine Specialty-2 Winners
- Manufacturer of the Year/Support – Furuno USA
Note that MaxSea TZ software is the force behind the various TimeZero products. MaxSea has had my vote since my review on this site . When you embed great software into great hardware you get an even better product that is much faster and more reliable than PC based software ever could be. See the Furuno Navnet TZ range here.
Using similar technolgy, the Nobeltec The Nobeltec TimeZero Catch system is aimed at commercial fishermen and incorporates the Personal Bathymetry Generator (PBG). This allows you to augment chart contours from real-time depth recordings. Locate prime fishing locations with sea surface temperature, chlorophyll and altimetry information from Nobeltec’s Weather and Ocean data service.
Once again a disappointment for Raymarine in terms of equipment manufacture, design, innovation and support – only one showing in the autopilot category.