The SOS Distress Light is the first and only acceptable LED Visual Distress Signal Device to completely replace dangerous and environmentally harmful pyrotechnic flares for "Night time Visual Distress Signal for Boats."
In the US the Coast Guard-Compliant Orange Distress Flag fulfils the legal requirement for "Day Visual Distress Signal for Boats" (46 CFR 160.072).
The optical design of the Sirius SOS Distress Light provides an Omni- directional light display for surface rescue craft and a vertical beam visible to aircraft flying overhead.
The light is visible up to 10+ nautical miles, and the SOS C-1001’s beam lasts for hours compared to the minutes-long lifespan of traditional pyrotechnic distress.
No more expired flares to dispose of, no more hazardous flares to store.
No more fear of getting burned or setting your boat on fire if you have to use your flares.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Complies with all U.S. Coast Guard requirements for “Night Visual Distress Signals” 46 CFR 161.013
- When combined with the included daytime distress signal flag, meets all USCG Federal Requirements for carriage of DAY and NIGHT VDS.
- Designed, engineered, patented, and produced in the USA.
- ONE TIME PURCHASE — no expiry date so no disposal is needed
- Family SAFE
- SIMPLE on/off switch
- Visible up to 10+ nautical miles
- Environmentally safe
When will the UK see the light !