My little venture into experimenting with mobile phones and their use on my boat has stirred up a lot of readers of this blog it appears see comments here
– Can I use my smartphone to connect my laptop to the internet?
– Can I use my phone as a chart plotter?
– Which software and maps can I use on my phone?
– How can I improve the interface on my phone? – I cant get to the Bluetooth and other settings easily because they buried under so many menu options…
– Can I get the Met Office weather forecast and barometric charts on my phone?
I had not realised that so many of you are as frustrated as I am in getting more out of my expensive smartphone when they seem to promise so much….
Just to make one point absolutely clear I am referring to the latest crop of smartphones “not the common or garden phones” – and I dont care if you have 3G, MP3, or any other acronym – I mean a phone that is running a real mini operating system such as Windows Mobile 6 or Symbian.
As a result of all this interest I have decide to create a whole new section dedicated to mobile phone use on boats – look across the tabs at the top of the page….and you will see a tab called “Phones”.
I have only just started, but please – come back and check because I will be trying to answer the questions raised as best as I can on this new section.